An adventure assistant is the first person of contact for guests. Whether in person or by phone, they answer all questions, concerns and act on special requests. They provide polite, professional customer service for all guests before and after tours. They are also the first point of contact between the office and our drivers for the purpose of relaying and receiving tour information.
Job description: Adventure Assistant (front desk agent)
Job Definition: To help guests in a polite and professional manner through all aspects of their visit. To sell adventure tour seats based on guest requirements and to sell in-store merchandise. To complete task lists and other errands as assigned.
Hours of operation: one 8 hour shift, 5 days a week, or as per the requirements of the management
Pay Structure: Competetive wages, based on experience
Authority: Refuse credit cards, currency notes or personal cheques as offered by guests. Give discounts as per policy. Take payments for ‘late cancellations’ or ‘no shows’ as per policy
- Answer guest questions and explain details of adventure and wildlife tours.
- Make reservations in person or by telephone in a polite and efficient manner.
- Check-in guests for tours and advise of all tour details
- Answer telephones promptly.
- Take payments for tours and merchandise via accepted methods.
- Communicate with boat crews to ensure a smooth and speedy check-in/boarding procedure.
- Suit-up and un-suit Zodiac passengers before and after trips. Keep the suit room clean, tidy and free from clutter. Rotate suits and ensure proper drying procedure.
- Prepare coffee and hot water and keeping the area clean, tidy and well stocked.
- Complete daily task lists and other duties assigned by managers or supervisors.
Boat Crew regarding tour discrepancies, late check-ins/no shows, condition reports and sightings reports.
To apply for this amazing opportunity please email your CV, with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org