May 22, 2020 - Jamie's in Tofino and Ucluelet remain CLOSED until further notice
We hope you are all staying safe and sane through these strange times. We thank all of our hopeful visitors for your continued patience while our communities plan to welcome you back, soon.
At Jamie's, we are on constant industry calls to stay up-to-date will all current information regarding COVID-19. Our official reopening will depend on local and Provincial guidelines. While we cannot confirm an exact date at this time, we are excited to get back to doing what we love, viewing incredible wildlife in our Pacific paradise. In the meantime, we are taking the necessary steps to reopen, including enhancing our procedures with a robust Safety & Sanitization Protocol, above and beyond what we had in place prior to COVID-19. The safety of our passengers and crew is, and has always been our #1 priotity.
Our small team is doing our best to keep the web booking system up-to-date, and will get in touch with those who have existing reservations impacted by our closure. If you have an existing booking but have not heard from us and have any questions at all, please email us and we will be in touch as soon as possible. During our closure we will not be able to answer your phone calls. If you have any other questions for future travel plans, please feel free to contact us by email.
We hope to provide more updates in the coming weeks as more information becomes available to all of us. Until then, please stay safe and cautious.
Thank you for your continued support of our small adventure business.
March 17, 2020 - Jamie's in Tofino and Ucluelet are CLOSED until further notice
In the spirit of love, support, safety and wellbeing of our staff, families, guests and our extended West Coast communities, Jamie’s Whaling Station in both Tofino and Ucluelet will be closing our doors at the end of this business day, until April 1, 2020. We will continue to monitor this situation keeping health and safety at the forefront, and will extend this closure period if necessary. We are remaining positive and optimistic that these measures will help all of us during these uncertain times.
To our patrons who have booked tours with us over the coming weeks, please contact us by email email@example.com to cancel your reservations with no penalty or minimum notice required. A skeleton crew will be working remotely to respond to all email inquiries. Please note if you have any questions, we will not be available by phone, so please reach out by email.
Reservations may still be made online or by email, so if you're making plans to visit us please check our availability as we will be keeping the options open beyond April 1st.
On behalf of Jamie and all of our crew, we wish everyone peace, love and wellness always,
March 14, 2020
Jamie’s Whaling Station is dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming space for all of our visitors. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, our company is committed to understanding the facts and ensuring we respond appropriately with proactive measures within our organization.
What exact measures are we taking?
- We are staying informed with ongoing developments and will continue to take direction from local, provincial and federal health authorities within Canada, to provide the best support to our visitors and staff.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures on all of our vessels and offices, particularly high-touch areas, as well as ensuring staff continue to maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- We have prepared formal response guidelines (ie. Emergency Management Plan) to ensure that our staff are equipped with up-to-date information, as well as where to find additional resources.
- Signage has been posted throughout our vessels and office facilities with information that will contribute to maintaining a clean, safe and healthy space for our customers and staff.
We strongly encourage that visitors to Jamie’s Whaling Station follow appropriate hygiene etiquette. The World Health Organization recommends that individuals:
- Frequently clean hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds), and/or by using alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough.
We ask that anyone planning to visit Jamie’s please refrain from doing so if exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or other respiratory illness. There is no penalty (or minimum notice required) for cancellation of tour reservations due to suspected symptoms, though we do ask for as much notice as possible.
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms, should contact their local public health office, or call 8-1-1. The Public Health Agency of Canada has set up a telephone information line at:
Currently, the Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk as low for Canada.
The public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available. Stay up-to-date by regularly visiting these Federal and Provincial links:
- Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- BCCDC: http://www.bccdc.ca/about/news-stories/stories/2020/information-on-novel-coronavirus
- Island Health: https://www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/diseases-conditions/novel-coronavirus-information